Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Longest Winter Ever...

Sometimes I question why I moved to such a freezing state. Where Atlanta is experiencing the beginning of Spring, I'm still pulling on my sleeping bag of a coat and trudging around outside while the wind threatens to tear the skin of my face off. This picture is from outside of our kitchen window at the end of February. The idea of March is such a tease up here. One would think that Spring was just around the corner but no no...The sky has remained that color you see there for months while the temperature has been hovering around freezing. In the meantime I've been bumbling along in school. I'm learning how to write research papers in my English 102 class, and learning basic drawing concepts in my General Drawing class. I'm finding this semester hasn't been as fun as the previous ones, but I'm learning a lot and that's all that matters right? I drew this Chemex,(I love the shape of that thing!)a mug of coffee and a doughnut one day. I'm learning to slow down and not be in such a hurry to complete a drawing since starting this class. We spend three to six hours on the drawings we do in class. I had no idea I was even capable of doing such a thing but here I am! I'm wanting to take more drawing/painting classes and learn to develop my own ideas. I also want to improve my hand/eye coordination. Of course I had to add some glitter. I'm obsessed with Martha Stewart's brand. The employees that work at Blick Art Store in Evanston are starting to recognize me when I come in. I'm constantly needing something for class, or for my own enjoyment. I love looking at all the paper, pens, glitter, kid stuff, and paint. Being innundated with color certainly brightens a dull dreary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment