Friday, August 3, 2012

Desperately Seeking Fun!!!

After all the drama that happened yesterday I decided I needed a yoga class. I got up, got dressed wrote in my my journal for a while as the sun came up, then got dressed and gathered up some recylcing that needing to be taken out. I tossed it all and set out for class. Five minutes into my walk I realized something was missing. Keys. Where are my keys and OMG are they in the recylcing bin?! Did I toss them along with the bags I threw in?! I ran home and yes, scrambled to get through the meager contents on the recyling bin to find that no, my keys weren't there which much mean they're on the little table in my apartment. Of course this is happening while Dana is still in Portland, and I'm currently kicking myself in the teeth for not getting copies made for Jeff. Despite the time difference, I text Dana to get the number of our maintenence guy. She answered right away having been woken up by one of the dogs that belongs to the friend she was staying with. I quickly called him and sat by the stairs of my apartment waiting for just over an hour until he let me in. Yup. Sure enough, the keys were on the table. Of course yoga didn't happen. What did happen though was that Jeff came over and we went to Ipsento for Nutella mochas and breakfast. (Ok, I got the mocha, Jeff got coffee:)) We talked a while and headed over to the Garfield Conservatory where we lost our minds in the gorgeousness that this place is. I've been wanting to come here for quite sometime and never made the time to do it.
It rained a good bit while we were there. We sat on a bench and talked until it slacked up and decided to head to Chinatown. Yet again, another place I had been interested in going to but never making the time. We wandered around for a while. I lost my mind over some Hello Kitty things in a little gift shop of course. Dinner happened at a place whose name I can't remember but seemed popular. I got some shrimp lo mein. Pretty standard. Jeff however, branched out and got a "crispy frog" dish that had him ever so carefully consuming it because the bones weree still there. After dinner we walked around some more, weaving in and out of streets, glancing into stores and remembering to come back to visit certain restaurants. We stop at a smoothie place and each get one. They're loaded with fruit and what looks like chia seeds and God knows what else. Delicious. On our way back to the train we stop in a candy store and lose our minds. We each get an assortment of things that we couldn't pronounce and headed back to the train. I felt like I could stay awake forever. It was so much fun doing whatever we wanted without an agenda. I didn't want the day to end. Back to reality tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment